Emily WigerMSW, LGSW
Emily completed her Master of Arts Degree in Social Work—Clinical Concentration at the College of St. Scholastica, and is licensed through the state of Minnesota as a graduate social worker.
Emily enjoys working with individuals, couples, families and young adults and has extensive experience in working with individuals and families that are affected by traumatic stress. Perspectives utilized in therapy include: Cognitive-Behavioral, Narrative, Solution-Focused, Strengths-Based, Relational-Cultural, and Somatic Experiencing. Although Emily works with clients on a variety of issues.
Special Areas of Interest:
- Anxiety and Depression
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Trauma/Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Women’s Issues
- Young Adult Issues
Licensure, Certifications, Affiliations & Evidence Based Specialties
- MN Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW) #28132
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Intervention for Trauma in the Schools (CBITS)
- The MAP System: Managing and Adapting Practice