Fred ToennigesMA, LPCC, CAC
Fred completed his undergraduate counseling degree at Illinois Benedictine University in Lisle, Illinois. He received his Master of Arts Degree in Counseling Psychology as well as his Child and Adolescent Certificate from Bethel University in 2012. Fred has been licensed through the state of Minnesota as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor since 2016. Fred has also been a certified trainer for Parenting with Love and Logic since 2012.
Fred worked with youth and teens at risk from 2002 until 2009 as a volunteer for Treehouse before starting his graduate program at Bethel University. He also worked as an intern youth and family counselor with the teens at risk community at The Bridge for Youth. Fred has experience working with individuals and families that have been affected by suicide and the Post Traumatic Stress (PTSD) and Grief which follows. He uses a family systems approach and holistic approach to therapy. Fred also completed his requirements to become a registered EMDR therapist in 2018 and uses the AIP model from EMDR extensively. While Fred works with clients on a wide variety of issues, his more specific areas of interest are:
Special areas of interest:
- COVID-19 Trauma
- Grief and Loss
- Suicidal Ideation and Survivorship
- Child, Adolescent and Teen related issues
- PTSD and TF-CBT
- Parenting and Relational Conflict with Children, Adolescents and Teens
- Depression and Anxiety
- Marital Communication Issues – Parenting inconsistency
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Codependency and Gaslighting
- Life changes and transitions
- Marital distress, infidelity recovery and individual empowerment.