Joi SimpsonMA, LMFT
Joi completed her undergraduate degree in Psychology with an emphasis in both Marriage and Family and Criminal Justice from the University of Northwestern – St. Paul. She received her Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from Argosy University and has been licensed through the state of Minnesota as a marriage and family therapist since 2010. Joi enjoys working with teens, adolescents, individuals, couples, and families. She has experience working with teens and families in community, home, and outpatient services. Through outpatient care, she utilizes a strength-based approach in a variety of areas.
Special areas of interest:
- Adoption/Cultural Issues
- Behavior Issues/Parenting
- Communication/Relationship Dynamics
- Couples Therapy
- Family Therapy
Licensure, Certifications, Affiliations & Evidence Based Specialties
- MN Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #2243
- MN Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- EMDRIA Trained EMDR Therapist
- LMFT State Approved Supervisor
- Adaptive Internal Relational Network Model with Applied EMDR Therapy Protocol (AIR Network Model) focused on dissociation.